The sleep/insomnia services we offer include:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) for Insomnia. We offer assistance to children (6+), adolescents, and adults. Clients referred by their GP under a care plan are eligible for Medicare rebates. Otherwise private health fund rebates may apply (no referral required).
- Guidance and support for parents of children with behavioural sleep disturbances.
- Overnight, at home assessment of your sleep using a simple EEG (just three electrodes on the back of your neck). This is very useful for assessing how much you really sleep.
- Identification and treatment of other psychological difficulties impacting on sleep (e.g., anxiety, depression, stress).
- Light therapy to treat Circadian rhythm disorders (extreme night owls or early birds).
- Goodnight Insomnia: Healthy Sleep Group Program. Three session group program.
- Treatment for recurrent nightmares.
- A four-week, Saturday morning program for insomnia developed by Dr Ree is run through The Marian Centre several times a year. Marian Centre Insomnia Program. See further information below.
- Training and supervision to professionals on psychological management of Insomnia and other sleep difficulties
- Assistance with adjusting to using CPAP therapy for obstructive sleep apnoea.
- Group/corporate workshops on Insomnia management
The next GROUP Insomnia Program commences TBA.
Four Saturday mornings 9am-12noon.
Learn to how sleep better, improve your energy and well-being, manage your use of sleeping pills
Our Insomnia program utilises Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I), which is the recommended first line treatment for Insomnia. Come away with proven strategies for treating Insomnia in the long term.
The program has been running for 4 years and has demonstrated effectiveness comparable to published clinical trials. A referral from a medical doctor is required (eg., GP or sleep physician). Private hospital cover recommended.
Phone The Marian Centre on 9380 4999 for more information and to reserve your place. Or use the enquiry form below and we will be in touch.